Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Tragic Outsourcing of America.

You know, when I speak with manufacturers around the country, I really want to cry.

I don't know if most people know the damage done by all of the outsourcing of our country's manufacturing, but it really is quite tragic.

In the quest for lower prices, we have literally lost a generation of skilled workers so that even if and when jobs do come back, it is really going to take an enormous amount of time to get people trained.

What were we thinking?

It really makes me so, so sad.

I hope people do find out about this blog and read it. I really feel it is so important for everyone to understand just how short sighted we have been as a country.  Outsourcing has caused the disappearance of so many jobs and skills.  Industries have been decimated because of this; you wouldn't believe it!

All of this makes me even more confident that US CelebriDucks manufacturing is the right and only thing to do. 

I am still speaking to printers every day looking for someone who can print the boxes our ducks sit in.  Not there yet, but soon.

We had a setback with the mold making, however we got it figured out and continue to move forward... though unfortunately this setback cost us a week.

I hope to have some pictures of all of this posted before too long.

Still shooting for a US February birth for Sam!  I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment