Monday, December 26, 2011

Where Have All The Printers Gone?

You know, I used to be a publisher.

In fact, I was the largest publisher in the country creating the first ever animation art lines for Coca-Cola, Anheuser-Busch, M&M Mars etc. for the art market.

So one thing, as I mentioned previously, I felt pretty confident about getting our gift boxes produced in the USA thinking that it would be one of the easier parts of the deal... WRONG!

Children, it has gotten so bad that even my US factory suggested I might have to import boxes from China to make it cost effective as so much of the printing industry has gone overseas!  Wow, you have got to be kidding me, right????

Well, that is not going to happen!

So, I continue to spend my days chatting up printers all over the country.  I will tell you this, like with everything else in this project - I will figure it out and we will be making boxes here come January.

But, once again I am just shocked at how much of our US manufacturing we have outsourced.  It is a bit unnerving to say the least.  Of course it just makes me more determined than ever to bring this whole industry back here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment